The Washington-Caldwell School District is pleased to announce that our score on the WI DPI Report Card is 79.6 - Exceeds Expectations for the 2022-2023 school year. Our students and staff work hard every day and this report card is evidence of this.
MISSION, VISION, AND GOALS
Washington-Caldwell's mission is to create a safe and innovative learning environment centered on the whole child approach using equitable practices, building social emotional wellness, resilience, critical thinking, and citizenship.
It is the vision of Washington-Caldwell to provide a safe learning community, empowering all students to succeed and become lifelong learners.
CORE VALUES Responsibility, Respect, Excellence, Empathy and Inclusivity
During the 2023-2024 school year, 198 students enrolled at Washington-Caldwell School District. The District educates students in grades 4K-8th grade. Early childhood students enrolled in the Special Education program are serviced by Waterford Education Cooperative. Waterford Education Cooperative also oversees all Special Education services through eighth grade.
View Student Performance on State Tests, Attendance, Discipline, Staff, and Courses - Wisconsin WISEdash Information
Mr. Kevin McCormick, District Administrator and Principal
- Ms. Kelli Vogt, Assistant Principal and Media Technology
- Mrs. Rachel Opgenorth, Finance and Human Resource Director
The district is located in Extreme Western Racine County. Students live primarily in the Town of Waterford. Neighborhood areas include Tichigan and Caldwell.
District students enroll in Waterford Union High School for 9th-12th grade
The school day for 5K-8th grade is 8:30 am to 3:40 pm
The school day for 4K is 8:30am to 11:30am
- Office hours are 7:30am to 4:30am
Washington-Caldwell Program HIGHLIGHTS
- Chromebooks 1:1 for Grades 3-8
- iPads in grade 4K-2nd grade classrooms every day
- 4 Year Old Kindergarten - half days
- Full day Kindergarten
- High School Algebra for eligible 8th graders
- Spanish offered for grades 1-8
- Band program in grades 5-8
- Member of Southern Lakes Advanced Learners Network including Math Meet, Math 24, Southern Lakes Anthology, Leadership Conferences, etc
- Response to Intervention - Student Assistance Team - Teachers and Parents working together to assist students in need
- Response to Intervention for academic and behavior needs
- National Junior Honor Society - Grades 4-6
- National Elementary Honor Society - Grades 6-8
- Extracurricular sports activities for grades 6-8 (some sports open to 5th graders)
- Basketball - Girls and Boys
- Softball - Coed
- Track - Coed
Activities at Washington-Caldwell
- Strong, Supportive Parent-Teacher Organization
- Various programs to enhance learning and community service throughout the school year...
- Paws for Reading
- Chill Out for Reading in January
- Super, Fun, Awesome Day in May
- Movie Nights
- Holiday Food Drive
- Giving Tree
- Music Concerts
- Educational Field Trips
- Book Fair Week with various events
- Regular Blood Drives at school
- LEGO Club for 4K and up
- Bulldog Bark - School Newspaper
- PTO sponsored End of the Year Carnival
- and much, much more